504 Gateway Timeout Error when trying to load Properties page

I am encountering a 504 Gateway Timeout error from Cloudflare around 1:30 AM PT. It appears that loading the properties page is taking a long time. While I wish I have so many properties that it is taking forever to load, unfortunately, that is not the case. I can load the Properties from my mobile app, but unfortunately, the mobile app doesn’t allow me to add a unit to one of my properties.

Also, it is only isolated to this page, so assuming it is either a backend API call. I also noticed that your web app client also makes the same GET API call to https://app.stessa.com/api/v2/portfolios 3 times. This might correspond to the 3 portfolios I have. If so, you can make easily make it 1 API call to lower the load to your API server and possibly avoiding timeouts in the future.

@jeffreyleung Thanks for reporting this and your suggestions. We’re investigating and will post an update/resolution here when appropriate.

In the meantime, can you try to load the Properties page again and let us know if you’re still seeing the error?

I believe this timeout error is now fully resolved, but please reply here if it resurfaces.