After I attach a receipt to a transaction, when I save it, the transactions jump to the latest transaction

When I attach a receipt to a transaction, when I save it, the transactions jump to the LATEST transaction, instead of staying on the page of transactions that I was on. This is annoying because I’m entering everything for 2023. Up until a few days ago, the transactions used to stay on the page of transactions that I was working on, but now I have to navigate back to that page, and then scroll down to the right entry (grrr).
System Information:
Windows: Windows 11 Home
Version: 22H2
Laptop: Aspire 5 by Acer

Might be easier for you just to email each individual receipt to receipts@stessa.com. When you do this, make sure your subject line describes what the receipt is for…i.e. ‘Property Name - Roof Repair’, etc. I find this the easiest way to handle receipts and automatically get them added to transactions.

Brian, thank you for suggesting the work-around. Assuming that Stessa uses a software configuration management package, the software developers should be able to see what changed to cause the new undesirable behavior. The outline of how the Stessa software developers could fix this problem is to save the index number of the transaction that is being edited, and after the edit is complete, set the display to that index number in the list (instead of setting the display to the first transaction).

Hi Lance and Brian, I’m a product manager here at Stessa and just wanted to check in to see if you’re still experiencing this bug? We fixed a similar issue where the scroll position was changing after categorizing a transaction and I believe that also fixed the issue you’re reporting.