Calculate total ROI or IRR for a sold property

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to capture cumulative ROI of a rental property that has been owned for a full cycle (Purchase, a few years of tenants, then Sale) so I can know the exact dollar amount that was earned or lost in this property.

It’s a simple way for me to know my ROI at any time, and check if I have earned back my investment yet.

Thanks.

1 Like

I would also like this! I know I got $X of cash flow each month, and I know I made $x of profit when I sold it, but I’d love to be able to see that all in one number/percentage. It would also be nice to be able to put the money you essentially made from tax savings into that calculation. That was honestly why I started using this service yesterday, and I entered all my data in only to find out this isn’t currently an option. The other reports are obviously still valuable, but that’s the one feature I really really want/am looking for.

@brayna.properties @drsandvig Currently, you can do a similar analysis by logging your purchase, any refinances, and eventual sale on the Transactions page, and then exporting your Net Cash Flow report to Excel. The final step is to use the XIRR function in Excel to arrive at an all-in IRR figure for the round-trip investment. Here’s a help article and demo video that explains the process in more detail: Track Purchases, Sales, and Refinances

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll check that out. I’m also pretty happy with the Annualized Return for each property, but would love it if I could have it for the full portfolio too.

It’s trivially easy to implement XIRR on your side. I don’t know why you require that we export to Excel and do it ourselves. The report ought to just do it for you.

There should also be a variant that assumes immediate disposal of the asset at the prevailing market value (so we can include appreciation).

Great ideas! You’re welcome to request these via the Wishlist