It appears that your financial institution requires additional multi-factor authentication and/or security questions. Please log in directly to your financial institution and confirm your settings. Then return to Stessa and try again

I’m getting this error when trying to connect my chase account.

“It appears that your financial institution requires additional multi-factor authentication and/or security questions. Please log in directly to your financial institution and confirm your settings. Then return to Stessa and try again.”

Only problem is there’s no way to turn these things off when you logon to Chase. Now my account hasn’t updated since June 28, 2021. And we need to close our books for June!

Unfortunately they have no solution to this. You’re told “2-days to 2 weeks or longer” then fed extremely vague and non-committal messages with every follow up while they blame the service they’re using, before of course emphasizing how safe and trusted the service is. This service is a liability to your books unfortunately, perhaps the cost of going the free route.