More in-depth reports, balance sheet, occupancy, vendors, etc

At this point, we need a new link/tab on the right just for reports. The link we have now is nice and useful but there are so many more reports that are needed to help with tracking a portfolio. Here are some examples but I am sure there are more. Occupancy rate over time (right now can only see current rate), Rental Income per property over time as a line graph, reports by vendor expenses, various balance sheets that can compare side by side items, ect… Other software on the market has much more in-depth and better reporting than Stessa and displayed without downloading a file. This is an area that Stessa could really shine in more. Overall, great product though!

8 Likes

Would also love to see a chart of NAV through time at the portfolio and property level

1 Like

That would be good 2!

@freedomrentalhomes @cvilburn.re @lotsllc @christopher.mikle @jbpropholdings @jginvestments47201 @jeffreygammon @jaswball1

We’re considering adding a balance sheet report to Stessa, as requested above. The tricky part is that “balance sheet” often means different things to different investors. What exactly would you expect to see on a balance sheet for your properties in Stessa?

1 Like

The things that I would want to see are what a lender or bank would look at.
Assets- property, land, improvements, bank accounts, accounts receivable.
Liabilities- loans ( short and long), accounts payable

Equity- contributions ( initial capital invested in deal)

2 Likes

Also the types of reports for tax purposes.

@jginvestments47201 @buealgeorge @freedomrentalhomes @cvilburn.re
I’m happy to “report” that there’s now a balance sheet available in Stessa on the Reports page. The brand new Balance Sheet report allows you to quickly see bank, escrow, security deposit and other important account balances at a glance. It also shows market values and loan balances across your portfolio. Give it a try!

Note that the Balance Sheet report does not yet incorporate outstanding tenant balances or equity contributions. These may be supported in the future. If there are other improvements you’d like to see made to the Balance Sheet, please reply below.

1 Like

Please add a full blown balance sheet. Also for multi-family props would like to track by unit. So please fix expense section so that common expenses can be allocated to each unit.

The balance sheet is great. But I have one problem. I have split my mortgage payments to include escrow and I have indicated with “paid from escrow” on payments that paid from escrow. The balance sheet shows escrow balances for some loans but they are not correct. For other loans it does not show an escrow balance. For all loans, It shows “general escrow payments” with an erroneously high total under “transfers.” I’m sure this is because I have entered many escrow payments that don’t have corresponding payments from escrow from way back. How do I correct my escrow balances as of a certain date so they can stay correct from now on. Also, not sure why the escrow payments show up on the report. Doesn’t the escrow balance include everything I need? Thanks.

1 Like

I have the exact same problem. My escrow balance happens to be the same as my outstanding debt amount on two of my mortgages while the escrow is zero for the others. This makes my balance sheet report extremely inflated. I couldn’t find a way to manually adjust this as well…