Not importing certain transactions from property management (propertyware) platform

A number of transactions that are present in my property management account (propertyware) are not importing to Stessa. Some of them do, but not all. I’m noticing transactions of the same amount that occur on the same day are being skipped somehow. For example, $79 was charged x5 times (one for each unit) on 4/6 for property management in my propertyware portal, but Stessa only imported 2 of those. Also, a delinquent tenant caught up on her rents on 4/1, and there were multiple rent deposits of the same amount recorded on that day. Stessa failed to pick up all of them.

I’m experiencing a similar issue. My property manager uses Appfolio and a number of transactions, such as the monthly property management fee, is importing only a few of the transactions. I attempted to manually import the missing transactions with a CSV but only about 1/4 of the transactions imported.

I’ve had the same issue, and for a couple years now. I posted about it here and had numerous chats with support.

This happens with my bank transactions. Each time I reconcile stessa with my bank I have to download the transaction from stessa in csv and compare to my bank files, then add in the missing transactions, manually. It’s EXTREMELY slow and frustrating.

It is painfully obvious the people at stessa do not care since this has been an ongoing issue. If they ever hope to charge for this service (if it worked I’d pay) then they need to fix basic things like this.

Same problem. Information is being exported for only two of three units in my triplex? Did anyone ever get a fix? I cant use Stessa if I can’t get a fix. One third of my income is missing.