Tracking past tenant info, lease terms, etc. on the rent roll

Hello Community,
I am trying to track my past tenants and leases associated. The Tenants/Leases page allows me to save the docs to the tenant, but as it’s done via unit I feel like I’m using a workaround. I’m using the address - digit to track renters with MI/MO dates but it then confuses cash flow or vacancy as I’m not really splitting units, but rather past tenant information.

Is there an easier way to do this?

@caseycolvin Good question. The Leases & Tenants feature is implemented as a single moment in time, not a full historical record. As such, it currently only accommodates existing lease information. When a tenant moves out, you’ll want to update the row with the new tenant’s information or simply delete the existing data to show the unit as vacant.

See the Wishlist for a discussion regarding the desire to track historical lease data:
Tracking historical changes via the rent roll

Hi Devin, Is it possible to make a “moved out” feature for tenant records like the “sold” feature you created for properties so we can preserve the old data? Or is there any archive option? Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

We have been working on a new version of the Leases & Tenants page and I am looking for a few volunteers to test the improvements and give us candid feedback.

If you’re interested, just reply to me here!

Count me in! Willing to help out.

Thanks! Just sent you a message with details.

Count me in. I can help with feedback with multiple commercial properties I manage.

I would love this as well. I can’t imagine just deleting old data just because tenancy has changed.