Transactions sync with uploaded receipt, how to merge?

After I make a purchase, I upload the receipt and assign it to a property right away before it shows up on my bank statement that is linked to my account. This is the easiest way for me to track all the expenses and ensure the receipt is saved . However, when I do this, it then duplicates the transaction after it shows up on my bank account and I have to manually delete one of them. Is there a way for Stessa to automatically sync transactions that are manually added with those that appear on bank linked accounts? Maybe require a quick approval or notification to be sure they are right? Otherwise, it would be helpful to have the ability to scan receipts and store them on Stessa and then be able to later go back in and assign them later to a bank linked transaction.

1 Like

@eric.b.rupe So, this is a somewhat common issue, and the best practice is to use Stessa’s “Merge” feature, rather than deleting one of the line items. By merging the two items you’ll be able to preserve data from both and end up with a more complete record of the single transaction, including the receipt image.

For more info on the Merge function, check out this help article: https://support.stessa.com/en/articles/2309046-how-to-split-and-merge-transactions

1 Like