Unable to remove mortgage from a property

I recently refinanced a property and received a new loan. I went to Stessa to remove the old one and the call fails. I don’t see an error message or anything like that. I’m a web developer by trade, so I pulled up the call that is failing and I’m seeing a 500 status code being returned from this API call: https://app.stessa.com/api/external_accounts/165347/unlink?external_account[property_id]=67810.

In Data Sources, I have my old loan still hanging around set to Stop Importing. I’m worried that if I delete it I’ll lose old transactions which I’d like to keep around. I’m not sure if this is causing the issue or is in some way related to my inability to disassociate a data source from my property’s mortgage.

As a workaround, I renamed the mortgage to DELETE and set its balances to $0 to negate it somewhat, but I’d love to remove it altogether from my Property view. Any help would be appreciated. I love Stessa, thank you all so much for a tremendous product!

@nross83 Thanks for the kind words about the platform! Regarding the issue you experienced yesterday, we had a very brief outage on some back end elements that may have tripped you up.

Can you please make another attempt to delete this mortgage and let us know how it goes?

Thanks for the quick reply, @devin! I just retried it without any luck. I noticed the error a few weeks ago, but didn’t get around to reporting it until yesterday so it doesn’t appear to be a hiccup in the system.

Hello @devin , I am experiencing the same bug as @nross83 . I recently refinanced so I added the new loan then attempted to delete the old one, however the action does not remove the old mortgage. No error message. I’ll can manage with the workaround, not a huge deal. Just wanted to let you know. thanks!

Got it, thanks for the quick reply. We dug a bit deeper and found a new issue, which has since been resolved. You should be all set to proceed now. Please let us know if you’re still having trouble removing a mortgage!

Works perfectly. Thanks to you and the rest of the Stessa team for the quick turnaround!