Add mileage to existing transactions

Hello,

I just realized I need to add mileage to the dozens of trips I took to my Big Box Hardware store. Is there a way to add a mileage tab to all these past transactions?

Thanks!
Kurt

2 Likes

@threeviewshome No, mileage transactions are converted into dollars immediately and then saved as such in the system. The original number of miles entered is not stored in the background. You’ll probably want to do the math offline (using the IRS-approved mileage rate) and then simply update the existing transactions with the correct dollar amount.

What I do is transfer the dollar amount of the mileage to my personal bank account to record the transaction. Depending on how much your driving, transfer weekly, monthly, quarterly or yearly. I use excel to keep track of when and where I’m driving (rental unit, home depot, etc.). I have a few trips for one of my properties that I will transfer at the end of the year so it is recorded for 2021.

1 Like

I think it’s a valid ask. Every time I log a purchase at Home Depot for repair, I have to use the same receipt 1. for miles confirmation and for 2. labor related to purchase of materials
It makes sense to have the tab for mileage and labor added if I am the one doing the labor and not hiring a vendor or contractor

Agreed. I should be able to add mileage as an extra field during the transaction entry or before I save that transaction, I could select the mileage tab which would be pre-populated with all data except my actual mileage. It would still create two entries but would shorten the redundant entries.

1 Like