Income category for reimbursements from tenants (utilities, etc.)

I need a new income category for utility reimbursement. Many landlords depending on building type may bill back their utilities or a portion to the tenant. Right now the only category that would work in would just be the high-level income category. It would be nice to break this up further to a “utility reimbursement” category under income.


I agree. I have just ran into the same situation.

1 Like

@freedomrentalhomes @419rentalproperties There’s an existing “Tenant Reimbursements” category under Income, which is intended to cover exactly this scenario (among others). Give it a try!

1 Like

@devin Thanks. I can see where that could be used for that and see your point. I considered that category more for say you have a clogged drain and you as the owner pay for it. Turns out it was the tenant’s fault and you charge them for the fix. That would fall under that category as more of a one-off expense not something that may come in every month. It still would be nice to break it up further for reporting reasons.