Realtor drafted a lease. How to categorize this expense?

Hi all, I’m trying to find a category for the expense of paying a realtor for writing a lease. I’m new to this so I figure I just have no idea what I’m doing. There’s no realtor category anywhere. I’m calling it “lease commission” but that can’t be right.

@solomonlf Lease drafting expense would typically go under “Legal & Professional > Legal” since it’s usually done by an attorney, not a realtor. Definitely check with your CPA since we don’t give specific tax advice.

1 Like