Assessed land value vs improvements for tax depreciation

Hi,
I was doing my taxes this year and Stessa has been a huge help. Makes the whole process a lot easier.
One thing that I was hoping I could find in the properties section, next to the assessed value was the portion of the county value that is for land, vs the building. As I cant depreciate land with the IRS. It seems that Stessa already has the info available because it pulls the assessed value and taxes paid, it would just be adding 2 more columns to that table, Land Value and assessed value.

Thanks!, love the software and appreciate the hard work you’re putting into it

9 Likes

Has this been fixed? It’s an absolutely necessary variable when it comes to taxes and depreciation. How does Stessa suggest we account for this?

1 Like

I’d also like to add to this thread–depreciation tracking is the main reason that I landed on Stessa. Especially because the Stessa blogpost linked below indicates that Stessa does it, but it’s hard to tell how it’s already been implemented if it has been implemented.

https://www.stessa.com/blog/how-to-calculate-depreciation-on-rental-property/

“Accurately calculating rental property depreciation can obviously be complicated. That’s why many real estate investors pay a tax professional or sign up for a free account with Stessa to accurately track the depreciation expense of a rental property.”