Automate frequent manual transactions

Would love to see a recurring cost option!

1 Like

Has there been any more talk about this being a feature to be added? It would be really nice to add reoccurring items, such as pet rent, so that when that amount actually gets imported in to Stessa, it matches up with the rent + pet rent amount and can be categorized accordingly so you have more granular data on what was collected for pet rent and what was just normal rent.

I know a workaround was mentioned to just include the pet rent amount in the actual rent number in Stessa but for me and possibly others, this muddy’s the water and makes it unclear the base rent figure.

5 Likes

I don’t understand why this feature has not been added yet. Just duplicate the backend code you use for your typical “rent” and assign it to a check-box on the Charges form to allow for recurring charges. Stessa is a powerful tool for tracking my investment, but it needs some work to make it more useable for property management. I’m excited to see where they can take it from here…

2 Likes

Agreed! Such a simple option to give your customer their choice how to add their information.
Not everyone wants to link their accounts. Seems like this has been requested for a while and still nothing. This is the one of the main reasons my husband is still using Quickbooks vs Stessa.

2 Likes

Add this feature to your next release please!! I’m manually going through monthly transactions and having to categorize the same monthly line items every.single.month

1 Like

Want to offer constructive feedback here but this has been on the table for a while, since Oct 29th 2019 with 117 likes. How much more do you need to make this happen? How about a special holiday gift for your users :slight_smile: Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

As a new user the fact that I can’t setup reoccurring transaction that have my splits already setup is definitely a huge deterrent to using this software. I pay multiple mortgages every month and the fact that I have to go into every transaction and split it every month means I have to spend significantly more time every month. I like a lot about this, but without reoccurring transactions its just not usable. Its cheaper to go with QuickBooks or something else, when you look at the cost to have someone update every transaction. I am really surprised this isn’t a bigger issue on here. The other issues is that when you split the transaction it creates different transactions, well my bank, like a lot of bank doesn’t split out everything into separate transactions, they just itemize the transaction. So Stessa just sees it as one transaction so I am having to go into every transaction. Duplicate is nice but still requires a lot of manual interaction.

3 Likes

Same here @holmesinvestments49, that’s the current way I’m assigning a mortgage payment to properties when I have an active portfolio mortgage.
The (seemingly) simple way to implement this is to allow assigning a mortgage to multiple properties and defining the percentage of each of them in that mortgage, thus allocating the correct portion of both the principal and the monthly payment to each of them.
And while on it, I’d also allow not only assigning to multiple properties but also defining the per-property amounts for insurance and taxes. Sounds relatively easy, conceptually anyway… @devin

1 Like

This seems to be one of the most popular requests and still no action by Stressa. My bank account connections keep getting broken so I heavily rely on adding manual transactions on a monthly basis. Majority of these manual transactions are recurring mortgage and rent payment and its very time consuming to add these monthly. This fix should be a no brainer!! Just give us the option of adding manual recurring transaction dude…Jeezzzzzzzzz!

1 Like

My situation is this… My property manager collects the rent and deducts his fee and deposits the rest in my account. There is no management fee transaction in my bank account. I want to track the cost of management in my financial records so I can 1) Accurately issue 1099s 2) Fill out Schedule E 3) Evaluate the cost/reward of his services and 4) most of all so I don’t have an imbalance between the rent charged and the rent paid every month. The idea of even using the new duplicate button every month for each house makes me cringe and I’m really hoping you aren’t moth-balling the idea of recurring manual transactions.

@richard1 I am in agreement with your methods of tracking true income and expenses as I do for my own portfolio and my clients. Unfortunately it is still a manual process. Because these types of expenses still occur outside of financial institutions (PM taking their fee before sending money) I intentionally do not connect my bank and credit card accounts to Stessa as it just causes more confusion and the need for corrections.

I’m not sure if you use rent collection through Stessa or not but you could use a CSV file to bulk import your transactions. It’s a bit more advanced than the average user probably wants to tackle but it could save you some time.

Good luck!

-Tom

1 Like

Can we at least get some information from Stessa IF there is a plan to address the recurring transaction request any time soon? I’m debating between Stessa and another similar software right now and this lack of recurring transaction is my main problem with Stessa. I have recurring pet fees and I want to keep them separate from rent bc the number of pets sometimes changes in the middle of a lease period and as far as I can tell stessa won’t let me I change the rent midway through the lease.

5 Likes

Please add automated transfers

1 Like

Please add recurring transactions. the duplicate/change date is frustrating to do every month, and you have so many people that want to use this (I want it for monthly HOA fees). We want a way to set it and forget it :slight_smile: PLEASE

2 Likes

Yes, please automate frequent manual transactions. The new transaction experience does not have the duplicate button. Please bring that over to the new transactions page. I’ve been using the old page for that function. Thanks!

2 Likes

This has been a request for almost five years now? Why hasn’t this been implemented? It is such a basic thing that almost every other online accounting company offers.