Bulk edit transactions to save time

If you have a single bank account connection feeding multiple properties, you may have a lot of transactions that need to be assigned to properties and/or categorized manually. You may also want to delete many transactions with just a few clicks.

You can accomplish these tasks quickly and efficiently with Stessa’s bulk editing tools. Just visit your Transactions page and use the small checkboxes at far left to select all transactions to which you’d like to apply an identical change. Then use the “Edit” or “Delete” button at upper right to proceed!

Also see the support article, Use Bulk Transaction Edits to Save Time and the demo video below for more details.

2 Likes

Is there a way to bulk “split” transactions? Here is my use case. My mortgage payments include PITI with tax and insurance in escrow. I split a bank transaction into 4 items to cover principal, interest, tax and insurance. I had to repeat this process 12 times per year per loan. I have many loans. Is there a better way to batch process this?

@jackawang Your current process is the best practice for this scenario. One of the challenges is that the amount of principal paid vs interest changes each month with an amortizing loan, so applying the same exact split to multiple months wouldn’t work. The automation here would have to be tied in with your amortization schedule for each loan, and that is not currently supported.