One bank, two LLCs - Stessa only displays one account, not the other

EDIT: In case someone finds this in the future. I figured it out eventually. The bank uses the same name for the accounts. It calls both LLC1 and LLC2 bank accounts CHECKING 01 and SAVING 02. I renamed the accounts within the bank to something else like CHECKLLC1 and CHECKLL2 and then deleted the banks and restored them but also refreshed the link. This seems to have fixed it.

This one hiccup is really holding me back and causing me some head scratching. I need help figuring out if its a bug or if its me inputting wrong.

Situation is I have a credit union. I have two LLCs that have properties inside them. And each LLC has a different checking account and savings account. Each LLC has a different username and login on the banks site.

For example:

LLC1 has Property 1 and Property 2
LLC3 has Property 3 and Property 4

LLC1 has Checking Account and Saving Account of its own
LLC2 has Different checking account and savings account of its own.

LLC1 login at the bank is LLC1 and Password1
LLC2 login at the bank is LLC2 and Password2

When I add bank in stessa it shows the first LLC1 no problem I can assign it to the correct properties and I can move on.

I then can’t figure out how to add the second, LLC2 to stessa. I hit the add bank button, and I add LLC2 but then the box that should show me my accounts in the bank and finance section is just plain white blank. I can’t get it to link to the second login at all.

Am I missing something here?

Any help would be appreciated.

I’m having this same problem but haven’t been able to make it work using your fixes. Can anyone else provide some guidance on this? Very frustrating…

After some time my solution stopped working. I asked tech support to look into it and they said they would. Unfortunately for me the site is only halfway working. My property managers stuff comes over no problem, my bank transactions don’t. It kept breaking and mixing up my accounts and it was a big mess. Not sure if its cause I bank with a smaller credit union or if its stessa or what. I may never know. But it became to much of a hassle I got all my transactions sorted and tagged etc. and then bam all my stuff got mixed up.

So I just deleted the bank from my external accounts cause I didn’t want to have to keep redoing things over and over.

What I do now is, I manually export and download from my bank each month like I have always done, and then clean it up so I can build a .csv file for Stessa and then import that. Its a bit of a pain, I thought I would be able to get rid of my spreadsheets using stessa but unfortunately no. I am basically doing double now. Keeping my spreadsheets so I can validate that stessa is not mixing anything up and book keeping in stessa cause its way easier for my tax guy. It would be nice if there was a fix but so far nothing.

Haven’t posted or tried to trouble shoot further because the people I did chat with legitimately gave it their best shot but concluded that this might be an issue with how the data is being sent by the bank to through yodlee(?) can’t remember the name of the data transmission company.

Anyway, Can’t complain to much about free software and tools. maybe in future it will get fixed but I’m not holding my breath. Spreadsheets for life baby!!! Spreadsheets for life :smiling_face_with_tear: