Splitting transactions by percentage

Hi there.

Before the user interface (UI) was updated, I used to be able to split a transaction by typing a percentage value into the dollar field and pressing enter. This is really critical to me since, like many of us, I need to split a transaction for a multi-unit home by percentage based on square footage. Ideally, I would like to be able to create a single rule that I could quickly apply to whatever transactions I want and it would apply the percentages automatically (example: 50% → Unit A, 25% → Unit B, 25% → Unit C).

Anyway - my issue is that now with the new UI, I don’t seem to have the ability to enter a percentage when splitting a transaction. I am constrained to typing a dollar amount. This is a major issue IMO. I tried different browser, but that didn’t help. I started a chat with someone in the chat window in the lower-right and they haven’t been able to provide answers or guidance in over two weeks.

Is anyone else having this issue? I skimmed the latest forums and didn’t see anyone else mentioning this. I’m not sure if I am alone or not.

Cheers

I do not recall seeing the option to split by percentage but that would be a very good feature. We break items up by percentage at times also.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, this feature was super useful and really necessary for my specific use case. You would just type in “25%” in the dollar amount fields when splitting and it would automatically apply the appropriate percentage. This capability was removed earlier this year without notice.

Just FYI - I asked for an update on the status of the fix last week. I was told that it is still being worked, but there is no estimate on when it will be completed.