Duplicate transactions after data file upload

There were a number of transactions that were missing for 6 months back in 2019, so i tried to fix them by importing a quickbook extract from my bank. I noticed some other transactions missing, so tried it again. I thought things were working, but then i saw that a number of duplicates were created with slightly different descriptions, e.g. “quickpay with” vs “quickpay with zelle payment from”. This “killed” my account. Help please!!!

@ghassea Generally, when you upload a data file containing transactions that are already present in your Stessa account we will automatically de-dupe the line items. But the line item must be a perfect match to be de-duped. If you’ve changed or edited the original transaction in the slightest way since the original import, then the de-dupe won’t work and you’ll end up with slightly different versions of the same income or expense.

If you need further assistance here, please open a 1:1 support conversation via the blue circle at lower right once logged into Stessa. If you’re on the mobile app, use the “Support & Help” menu option.