Online rent collection

Yes rent collection would be a great feature. I would also love the idea where i can sub-categorise my rents based on section 8 vs what tenant needs to pay. By this way, i would be able to keep track on both of them.

2 Likes

@glocalms Thanks for your post. We do actually have separate sub-categories available for “Rents” and “Section 8 Rents,” both under “Income.” Hope that helps!

I actually don’t see how this feature meshes with what Stessa does. Stessa is not an end-to-end property management application, they’ve clearly focused on the book-keeping and accounting aspect of property management. Personally I think it would be more valuable for Stessa to continue to develop strong integration with 3rd party applications which are more focus on the day-to-day property management, and maintain its focus on the accounting and projections aspect.

Ditto. I’m waiting on the rollout of the Stessa product. I’m not super excited about the Apartments.com platform after Cozy got bought.

Mainly need the new product to screen tenants , allow online lease signing and applications, and work with multiple listing sites when advertising. Would appreciate any updates on timeline for rollout.

2 Likes

Anyone used Innago? We are looking into it for rent collection until Stessa rolls out this feature.

3 Likes

I haven’t heard of Innago, but will definitely check into it. Thanks for the tip!

I would love this feature! Looking forward to updates - do we have an anticipated Go Live/Release date?

1 Like

I would love this feature also.

1 Like

I feel exactly the same way! I loved cozy for advertising, screening and rent collection but I can’t stand Apartments.
Let’s go Stessa! Take our money and create an all in one landlording site.

2 Likes

Also using Cozy (Now Apartments) and want one portal for most everything ans right now Stessa is tops of my list of portals!

1 Like

I would love this feature as well. Thanks for working on this! If it can have the fastest funds availability (2 days or less) that would make this product leaps above the competition.

Just link it to your business account and tell your tenants to pay via zelle, ach, Venmo, or CashApp and have Stessa linked to all. Would this not accomplish the same thing as if Stessa had its own payment platform?

I also would like this option. Maybe partner with Melio or have the ability to link my Melio account.

When is this happening?! I would love this to role out now. In the market right now and would love to use Stessa!

For everyone interested in rent collection, you’re now invited to join the ongoing beta release of Stessa’s “Cash Management” features. While rent collection itself is slated for launch later this year, the current beta release allows you to get a head start by opening bank accounts tied to your properties and portfolios. At least one Cash Management account will be required to eventually enable rent collection via Stessa.

To join the beta, simply open a new support conversation and let us know. We’ll then turn on Cash Management for you!

1 Like

I totally agree, this is very frustrating. I can use Stessa for most everything but then I have to use some other software to collect rent payment!

I miss Cozy. Apartments.com is lame and not well supported in my experience. Also no compliance with 2021’s CA SB 1157 mandated landlord credit bureau reporting legislation.

Venmo and Zelle are better than checks or cash but only just barely imho.

Looking for a good Cozy functionality replacement still. I loathe apartments.com but as a small fry I’m stuck without good options post Cozy

March 2022 Update: The Cash Management beta testing period has ended and the feature is now available to all Stessa users by default. Just click Cash Management to get started.

An advance version of Stessa’s new Rent Collection feature is nearly ready and will be available shortly to a select group of investors via invitation. This first iteration will support tenant rent payments via ACH only. If ACH is your preferred method and you’d like to participate in the beta launch, please 1) Set up a Cash Management account in Stessa to get ready.

2 Likes

Innago is the best rent collection platform & I’ve used several. Cozy was simple & straightforward but alas no more, but Innago is much better & free for landlords also. It would be excellent to integrate with Stessa! I’m crossing my fingers & holding my breath, hoping they will form a partnership. :pray: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like