Remove automatic Late Fee

Hi team - my bank connection recently broke, and I was finally able to resolve it today, but it looks like one of my properties automatically added a Late Fee per the lease (as Stessa hadn’t recorded the rent which was paid on time due to the bank connection breaking).

How do I delete this automatically added late fee? Workaround for now is adding a credit to offset the fee, but makes for poor accounting history. Please help me understand how to override an automatically added Late Fee.

Thank you,
-Alex

8 Likes

Same problem here. Please post if you find a resolution.

3 Likes

Same issue but it is on more than one tenant. How do we solve this?

2 Likes

Stessa does not allow for deleting late fees. You need to post a credit on the ledger to offset the late fees - unfortunately at this time, that is the only way.

2 Likes

I have this issue as well. I would like to see a fix.

1 Like

Seems like you can now delete late fees which is great, but It would also be nice if Stessa removed the late fee it automatically assessed if the rent was paid on-time. I need to go in and assign income to specific tenants. I realize if I use Stessa rent collection this will be a non-issue, but it’s annoying when a tenant pays on time but I haven’t categorized the rent to assign it to their unit and then a late fee shows up and isn’t reversed after I do my categorization

Same here, however the late fee is $20/day but only one line item of $20 is added. So something is not working properly and the ability to delete/edit would save time.

It seems like we can remove some of the late fees, but not the ones that go back a few months… Somewhere around september 2022 Stessa stops allowing the late fees to be removed. I’ve taken @cstein601 's advice and added a credit on the ledger for each older late fee. It’s tedious to do it this way. Additionally, I’m worried it’s going to mess with tax reporting. STESSA - please fix this bug soon!