Want to be able to write paper checks from Cash Management accounts

Stessa makes it very hard to pay bills from the Cash Management Accounts. This would make it easier.

9 Likes

I just ordered from checksforless.com with the acct #, routing # and the proper bank name. Sent first check on Friday… will let you know if/when it clears.

It would be nice to have a bill pay ability from the cash management accounts. Without it I just end up transferring them all to real useful accounts.

The cash accounts in stessa enable me to collect ACH rents, but after that it is a pain in the #$% to get to the funds.

1 Like

Wow… did this work?
Let us know! I’d be super interested to know!

It did not. And I got hit for bad check fee.

Stessa needs to figure this one out pronto.

Yes, and I got hit with a bad check fee too.

1 Like

Any update when we’ll be able to order checks for disbursements from our Stessa Cash Mgmt accounts? This is pretty important

2 Likes

Paper checks are NOT currently supported with Stessa Cash Management. This is a feature enhancement that we plan to add in the future.

2 Likes

When will this be put in place? I am getting tired of transferring (with a daily limit of $1500) to real bank accounts in order to pay bills. This is sub optimal.

1 Like

It will NOT work. I did this and my checks got returned with a fee. So frustrating

Is there a timeframe for adding checkwriting or at least to set-up bill payment from Stessa (push) vs. pull when we simply provide routing & account info to someone we need to pay?

1 Like

This is supposed to be supported with the new bank but there’s been no update from Stessa on the timing. This feature is DESPERATELY needed!

Supposedly you just need to order 3rd party checks with the current routing/account numbers and it should work. Stessa themselves do not provide the checks. That is what I was told by Stessa (I have not purchased checks myself yet)

Any update on this? It’s important to be able to write checks and pay bills if we have money coming into the account

You should be able to just by ordering 3rd party checks with your Routing and Account numbers. At least that is what Stessa told me. (I haven’t ordered any myself yet)

I ordered checks from Vista print and have been writing checks no problem since Dec 2023.

1 Like

Checks.com will not print checks from the Stessa bank accounts. I ordered some and they canceled the order saying they do not work with this bank. Does anyone have any places besides Vistaprint that WILL work with stessa accounts? My mortgage companies do not have online bill pay so I have to have either paper check or e-check to pay.

Did you try the checks before or after the bank upgrade in November 2023? You can use checks with the current cash mgmt accounts ever since they upgraded from Blue Ridge to Thread Bank.

It should not matter when you order the checks from.

Just this week. Checks.com says they have a notation in their system not to print checks from Thread Bank. I’ve re-ordered now from Walmart. Hopefully that works better.

Odd that there is inconsistency. I haven’t had an issue since the upgrade to Thread and using Vista Print checks.

How frustrating that it’s just a guessing game.