How to change rent amount on current lease

I have a tenant that after the lease was signed and entered into Stessa, the tenant and I agreed on including utilities and increasing the rent. Stessa won’t let me update the rent on current lease. If I delete the lease and start a new one, will I lose all the transactions already recorded for this tenant?

1 Like

Following. I have a similar question on how to edit the rent amount after I set up the rent collection. The rent amount was entered incorrectly and I can’t seem to find a way to do this simple edit.

I would love to know if this is possible. My tenants just decided to get a dog. The additional pet fee per month is $50 and I would love to change the rent rate to reflect that, rather than adding a charge each month.

What I have found during initial setup of Stessa rent collection – You can edit current lease at any time in any way, the new lease entries populates the tenant ledger for every month in the past showing correct new amounts due. This change does not affect the tenant payment transactions, and those transactions show up in the tenant ledger as before matching against the rent due. You need to add or edit any adjustment transactions needed to correct the current balance.
Also you can use “Adjust Rent” button and it will automatically end current lease and start new lease in new amounts as of your desired date in the past or future.