Mark transactions as Reviewed

It would be nice to be able to manually mark a transaction that’s currently flagged as “Needs Review” as having been reviewed (i.e. just remove it from “Needs Review” status). I have several transactions where they don’t apply to just a single property (such as owner draws, where my PM manages more than 1 property and they pay out all at once), and clearing these out of my “Needs Review” transactions would keep things a little neater. Thanks!

6 Likes

I’m new to Stessa, but I really see a need for this feature too. For example, all of my transfers are showing as “needs review”. Once I confirm that I don’t need to review a transaction, how do I get it off the list of transactions needing review. @rmacbean did you ever figure out how to do this?

Great suggestion! This is already being tracked under a different thread: Ability to flag transactions for further review – Please follow the link and vote for the original post to register your support.

Hi Brennan,

Thanks for your reply - however this request is kind of the opposite of what we’re asking for.

What we’re asking for is to mark transactions as “Reviewed” or something similar and get them out of the “Needs Review” queue.

There are some transactions where Stessa puts it in the “Needs Review” queue, wanting me to assign a specific property to the transaction, but when the transaction applies to not just one property but a set of properties, I’d rather just mark those as “Reviewed” in order to get them out of the queue without wrongly assigning a property to them.

Hope that makes sense!
Robert

@kelly.d.martin I haven’t really found a way to solve this that works for me. You can arrange your properties in portfolios, and you might be able to apply transactions to sets of properties you want that way, if it happens to work out for you that they’re always predictable and unlikely to change. For example, what could work for me is to set up a portfolio containing my properties managed by each of my property managers… then I’d be able to clear those transactions out. But for reporting purposes, I kind of like having all my SFHs grouped together, and be able to compare those to my multifamiles. I am not getting flagged for not having Categories assigned, since I find it important to always make sure that is assigned, so for me it’s just the Property assignment that is an issue for some transactions.

1 Like

Ah, I see, and that does make sense. It’s easy to fall back on deleting when the transaction doesn’t actually apply but that wouldn’t work for your use case.

You can apply transactions to a ‘set of properties’ but be wary when doing reporting as it doesn’t seem to split the transaction between the properties in my testing.