What do you use to track and/or collect rent?

I like Stessa for my portfolio tracking and financials but would really like a more robust way to track current rental payments, late fees etc… what is everyone out there using? Thanks!

1 Like

I was using Quickbooks but every 3 years I had to purchase an upgraded version. I like the details and it took care of the double entries but it was costing a lot. They are pushing their online version but it doesn’t make sense for a small landlord like me. I just started using Stessa and I like it! Uploading bank account info and categorizing everything went really fast. There’s some kinks but I think stessa is working on it. I also like the reporting by property…super useful! Plus, I love the mileage tracker on stessa!

1 Like

I hope someone can answer this. I’m still struggling along without proper rent tracking/reminders etc.

3 Likes

Hello, have you tried Cozy or Avail?

My property managers are using Appfolio. It seems to be working well for them. I have another manager using Buildium.

I use Avail for property management. It’s a great mid-tier software solution for those with small to medium sized portfolios. Features I appreciate are the automatic rent due reminders for tenants and FastPay ACH payments.

The rent tracking dashboard is also pretty robust. At a glance, I can see the total due each month, and then get a real-time look of all payments that are scheduled, pending, received, remaining, overdue, NSF, etc.

I can second cozy as I have used that in the past but it was for a small project of me renting out rooms in a previous house after college to pay for my mortgage. I haven’t used it in years not sure how much it has grown since I last used it.

GM how much does aval cost per properties

They have a free version but also a premium version if you want extra features. Their pricing is listed on their website.

Hi, my name is Bob and I have been renting out single family houses and apartments in two duplexes for more than 30 years. Eventually I paid all mortgages as of four years ago. I have sold off several properties and am down to three SF units. I am 76 so it is a challenge to keep on top of things. For accounting, in the past I used Microsoft Money but then Microsoft stopped supporting it. However, now I upgraded to Windows 10 with the office suite which includes Exel. It is difficult to learn and is not perfect but it can be used to track expenses and income. You would have to input rent due and other expenses manually. Of course you need to enter the income also. So what you will have is a complex spreadsheet system. With practice and some effort you may surprise yourself.

Give TenantCloud a try. I’ve had great luck. The basic version is free, and costs $90 per year to accept ACH and credit card payments.

Their both very good, I used them for a while now, I collect rents online, do leases, applications and background checks online.
There is a small monthly fee for Avail and Cozy which is now - Apartments.com is free.