2 factor auth broken - external account update broken

Hi - two factor auth was working, but it is broken now. No 2-factor prompt shows up.

I turned off 2-factor auth and the updates still fail. So, external updates are also broken.

Will it be fixed soon? Any workarounds?
Thanks
Mike

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Chase connections were working up to 6/28/21. Now I’m getting this error

“It appears that your financial institution requires additional multi-factor authentication and/or security questions. Please log in directly to your financial institution and confirm your settings. Then return to Stessa and try again.”

Only problem is chase doesn’t have a way to set multi factor or security questions off. Unless im looking in the wrong place

1 Like

Hi Cameron

I had 2 factor working. For some reason it stopped working last week. I disabled 2 factor on my bank account. Now, Stessa still doesn’t work.

I am not sure what i can do past this point. Maybe delete and re-add the linked account?

Thanks
Mike

1 Like

Please go forward to STESSA ENG and let them know there is a BUG. I was able to get the external connection working again by deleting and re-adding it. As mentioned - there was nothing wrong with my bank & logins worked okay away from the invalid state that STESSA had saved. Now, i will need to spend many hours trying to make sure the book keeping is corrected/not deleted.

1 Like

I have the same issue but my connection broke right after they pushed this June update. I have reported it and been asking them to fix it for 4 weeks now with no result

1 Like

. That is when my connection broke as well I worked around it by deleting the linked and reading a new linked account

I recommend Stessa fixes it rather than messing w the link. i had to change a bunch of records after deleting/ adding a new linked account

This issue is not a bug The transaction was fraudulent and I do see it now on my statement. Keep up the great work at Stessa.