Android App 2020

Many rental property investors have reached out to express their interest in seeing us develop an Android version of the Stessa mobile app, which is currently only available for iOS. In response, we’ve begun preliminary engineering work to assess feasibility and develop some basic specs.

If you are an Android user and have specific feature requests or creative ideas for compelling mobile app use cases, please “Reply” to this topic thread and let us know.

To voice support for our Android app efforts in general, click the small heart on this original post. To vote for others’ ideas, click the small heart on their replies.

We’ll post updates here as work progresses. There is currently no firm ETA for app delivery, but we expect it will be sometime after Q1 2020.

36 Likes

A section for lifetime stats of the financials.

1 Like

Property dashboard and performance data, similar to the web version. Easy access to tenant data and leases.

7 Likes
  1. Access to uploaded documents such as leases. When on site it’s very helpful to pull up past move out/in documents.
  2. Upload area for receipts as incurred with an easy drop down to choose property
  3. Photo area to upload for doing property transfer walks. So much easier than group uploading.
6 Likes

Receipt upload is a must-have.

9 Likes

Taking a pic of receipts and immediately having them uploaded to Stessa would be very helpful in this covid 19 environment.

4 Likes

Android App is essential. Everything I do with my real estate can be done on my phone (communicating with pm, realtor, attorney, CPA, looking for new properties, tracking bank accounts, reading RE blogs and forums) except for Stessa–which is arguably one of the most critical components. My receipts and data entry get backlogged until I can camp out with my laptop–which I rarely do these days. Would love to be able to track expenses faster. Love the website so as many similarities to that as possible are a must. Dashboard and transactions features are critical. Would also love a separate utilities tab for garbage and sewer and another one just for water (there might be a separate one for water already?) as that is how my city divides it. Love Stessa though.

3 Likes

Agreed, have been wishing for an Android app for Stessa. Having an easy way to scan in receipts and other docs, or review transaction history would be great. Not always critical, but having flexibility to do things on-the-go would be appreciated–and not worth getting an Apple product for! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Quick update here is that the first edition of the Stessa Android app is now in beta. A few users are testing it out and we expect to turn another version shortly. We may need more beta testers and will reach out to those of you who “liked” the original post in due course.

6 Likes

How do I sign up to be a beta tester?

1 Like

I would like to be a beta.

1 Like

I would love to participate in the Beta. Thanks for developing this!

1 Like

For those who manually enter transaction data, i would be great to have a feature to clone from a previous transaction. i.e. If I select a rent payment from the previous month, I should be able to clone it so all fields are already populate but have the ability to change any of the fields of course

For each property, we should be able to set a “Rent Due Date”. On this date, there should be a notification that reminds us that we should have expected rent to be paid. From the notification, we should be able to match it up to a transaction downloaded from the bank or kick off a manual transaction entry screen. Also, it would be great to snooze this reminder or even have the ability to send the tenant a reminder via txt or email to pay their rent if not received

1 Like

@stanley.mak Good suggestions, but you should probably start a new thread in this Wishlist forum for each of them, rather than adding them to the end of a post about developing an Android app.

I can repost them in Wishlist. Was just following Devin’s instructions in his original post to reply here with feature requests.

1 Like

I would like to sign up to be a beta tester please

1. Sign in using built-in security features like face recognition or finger scan

2. Set default profile you under dashboard. I have 3 profile setup and after login I’ll like to see only one of them as default instead of having to change it each time. Right now default on web is all.

Interested in the beta test!

1 Like

I found this thread after searching for “Stessa Android App” to do this very thing… upload receipts. Another vote for receipt upload. I can log into the web dashboard for anything else, but mobile is my camera, so makes sense to me to make that the priority.