Bank accounts not updating, but no error message

Hello. New user here. My 4 bank accounts (all at the same bank) haven’t updated since a week ago when I did the original bank connection. The Stessa setting is on Import Automatically, and the connection authorizations on my bank website seem to be correct. I’ve “Refreshed Accounts” multiple times since yesterday (by clicking on the three dots near my bank name).
I’m not getting an error message of any type.
Any suggestions would help. I’ve looked at a few similar posts but they seem to have to do with re-syncing or error messages.
Thanks

@tymayo777 Same here, I noticed a bank hasn’t downloaded anything in 2 weeks. No sync errors. Could be the source (the bank), the middle man (Plaid), or Stessa. We’ll never know.

I generally don’t recommend connecting financial accounts because it usually causes more headaches than solves problems. The convenience at the high level view makes sense, but one bad record that you don’t catch and things go sideways fast.

Hope that helps.

-Tom

Thanks. Do you do a manual file download of bank transactions every month or so — or do you just type in your transactions?
Manually entering them isn’t a bad idea, I usually only have a few a month.

@tymayo777 I don’t care about bank transactions, I focus on receipts/invoices (income and expenses). That’s all that truly matters for tax purposes and single-entry accounting for rental real estate that flows to your personal tax return. If you have partnerships you will need to maintain a balance sheet. If you have corporations then you will need a balance sheet and double-entry accounting and therefore upgrade to a more robust software such as Quickbooks.

I skip all of my transactions that are transfers and CC payments because they do not matter. If it’s income or a deductible expense, I record it. I will download the applicable evidence, saving it to my cloud storage, then process it through Stessa.

-Tom